Thursday, February 7, 2013

Today I Showed Up for my Creative Dream.

Today I am reminded of a poem by Dawna Markova.


I will not die an unlived life
I will not live in fear
of falling or catching fire.
I choose to inhabit my days,
to allow my living to open me,
to make me less afraid,
more accessible,
to loosen my heart 
until it becomes a wing,
a torch, a promise.
I choose to risk my significance;
to live so that which came to me as seed
goes to the next as blossom
and that which came to me as blossom,
goes on as fruit.



10 years ago a sketch came to life in my journal and today I showed up for it. 
Even though it scared the sh*t out of me, I just showed up. 
Even though I have no idea what will come next, I just showed up.
I am proud that I was brave enough to share my vision and put it into the world 
in a more tangible way. 
Even if nothing comes of it, at least I was part of the conversation. 

Stay tuned to see what happens next. 






2 comments:

  1. Love the poem. Very fitting as I was reminded today of what it means to establish a strong foundation, plant lasting seeds and leave a legacy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Full of inspiration!
    Great blog-
    peace

    ReplyDelete